Here comes the special sweet for tamil new year and Ugadhi. One of the favourite dishes from my grandma.
- Raw mango - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly - 1
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Slice the mango into flat pieces.
- Add turmeric powder and little water.Boil it in cooker for 3 whistles.
- Add jaggery in water, allow it to dissolve.
- Strain it and allow it to boil.
- Add the boiled mango. Stir well. Allow it to boil once.
- Finally, temper it.
This recipe goes for
http://www.sarasyummybites.com/2012/04/event-announcement-kitchen-chronicles.html and http://www.sizzlingtastebuds.com/2012/03/new-event-pickles-preserves-fest-and.html