- Grated Carrots - 3 cups
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Cashewnuts - 2 tablespoons
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, fry the grated carrots in a tablespoon of ghee for one minute. Then add the milk and pressure cook for one whistle.
- To this, add sugar and keep stirring in a heavy bottomed kadai in medium heat.
- When complete moisture is absorbed, add half of the ghee. Fry for two more minutes and remove from heat.
- Grind the cashew nuts coarsely and add it to the halwa with the cardamom powder. Mix well. Serve warm or at room temperature or serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.