Any vegetables can be used. I have used avarakkai.
- Avarakkai - 250 gms
- Onion - 1
- tomato- 1
- Potato - 1
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan, season mustard seeds.
- Add onion , tomato , sambar powder, salt. Toss it well.
- Boil and cut potatoes into small.
- Add avarakkai and potato.
- Sprinkle little watrer. Cook in simmer for 10 mins.
- For Idly, take the idly plate.
- Put one spoon batter, fill a spoon of vegetable.
- Cover it with another spoon of batter.
- Steam it as the regular idlies.
Serve hot with chutney.