- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T water
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. Add the flour, stirring to make a cohesive dough. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Roll it into a 9x12 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it evenly over the dough. Starting with the long end, roll the dough into a log, sealing the edge. Wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough from the freezer and unwrap it. Using a sharp knife, gently cut it into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies 12 to 15 minutes, until they’re a light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.