- Tamarind - big lemon size
- Drumstick / potato / capsicum / ladies finger/brinjal
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly - 2
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Toor dal - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, season mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,toor dal, red chilly.
- Add turmeric powder, sambar powder. Add little water and make it like a gravy.
- Then add the vegetable.Saute for few minutes.Add salt.
- Now add tamarind extract with water. Allow it to boil till the raw smell of tamarind disappears and the curry's consistency is thickened.Also check if the vegetable is cooked well.
Vatha kuzhambu is ready