- Vazhakkai (Raw banana) – 1 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala : 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Hing(Perungayam) – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Peel of the skin and Pressure cook raw banana for 1 whistle
- until soft but not mushy - You can also boil it in a cup of water until soft. Then chop it to slightly thick / thin slices, keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add raw banana then red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, hing and salt. Sprinkle little water if necessary. Make sure the veggie is well coated.Marinate and keep aside for atleast 15mins.
- Then heat a nonstick pan / dosa pan with oil and then add the marinated raw banana slices and toast it well until evenly fried.